It takes time to heal a mind. To grow a mind. Take the time to build your healthy mind.
1. Smile more
The act of smiling can help lift not just your spirits but of those around you-the more you do it the easier it will become. Trust me – smiling to yourself can feel weird at first and awkward especially when you aren’t feeling yourself. However,I have found that faking a smile once in a while can actually make you a happier person. This does not mean that you should pretend that your problems do not exist and use the smile as a mask – accepting issues and situation then figuring out how to solve them with a smile is very different from hiding.
2. Adopt a growth mind-set
You’ve probably heard it a million times but however it is true. Adopting a growth mind-set could be the start of your new journey as a better you. Carol S.Dweck stated that “In a growth mind-set students understand that their talents and abilities can be developed through effort, good teaching and persistence. They don’t necessarily think everyone’s the same or anyone can be Einstein, but they believe everyone can get smarter if they work at it.” This can be applied outside school, of course.
3. Remember that not everyone is against you
The way I try to look at it, one should separate the action from the person. You probably dislike the person’s actions but not the person themselves. Once you start realising that it is not the person that is at fault but their actions you begin to understand that no one is against you. This is exactly why actions speak louder than words because they have the power to wound someone in a second.
4. Try to be more open to new opportunities and new ways of thinking
5. Step off your high horse (curiosity didn’t kill the cat- the cat died of loneliness because he was too proud)
6. Listen to uplifting music (music can calm the heart beat and also fill the mind with inspiration)
7. Get creative
8. Try to accomplish one nice thing a day
9. Get organised (I know it’s hard but try a folder at a time)
10. Meditate (this can also improve your concentration and help to relieve anxieties + anger)