Salut mes amis !
If you like cinnamon and if you like chocolate then you are going to love this recipe that I created this week out of pure boredom and a creative burst. The butter-less chocolate icing was really tricky to think of but after I finished it got me ready for more; absolutely delicious !
You will need:
120ml or 1/2 cup milk
200g self raising flour
150g Demerara sugar (Brown sugar)
2 teaspoon Cinnamon
150g Cocoa powder
1 egg white
100g icing sugar
100g cocoa powder
1. Heat the milk until bubbling either in a microwave or in small pan on the stove. Pre-heat the oven to 180C .
2. In a bowl mix the eggs at high speed until frothy , slowly add in the Demerara sugar until the mixture is smooth and blended (this could take some time about 2-5 minutes)
3. Now add in the flour in sections ;then add in the cocoa powder with cinnamon (don’t worry if the mixture is looking more like cookie mix).
4. Add in the warm milk and mix until smooth.
5. Pour the batter into a non grease cake tin or line the cake tin with non-grease paper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the cake is cooked through.
6. While the cake is baking, whisk the egg white and slowly add in the icing sugar in sections. After that add in the cocoa powder (keep whisking) and pour in the milk.
7. Put the icing in the fridge as you wait for the cake to be ready.
8. Cool down the cake after it is done and pour the icing down a cake for a shiny ganache finish .
Thank you for reading and enjoy the cake ! 🙂